Aweber is a popular easy-to-use email marketing and marketing automation platform that’s designed to help small businesses and entrepreneurs send targeted and effective emails.
Speed is one of the advantages of Aweber’s email marketing services. In a matter of minutes, you can create beautiful emails that grab your target audience’s attention and gets them thinking about how your products or services benefit them. Its drag-and-drop editor allows users to create newsletters and automated campaigns based on hundreds of HTML templates. In addition, AWeber lets business marketers integrate their email marketing accounts with various services, which allows information sharing among different corporate functions.
Users can also make use of AWeber API, a programming interface, to build their own customised applications and tools to meet their specific requirements.
- Marketing Automation – Users can automate the email marketing process by using “if this, then that” logic.
- Responsive Email Design –AWeber’s emails will automatically resize based on the device the subscriber is using to view the message, whether it’s a desktop, smartphone or tablet.
- Data Segmentation –AWeber users can segment data based on the contents of any field in their database and user activity like emails opened, links clicked and web pages visited. This segmentation information can then be applied to further target and hone marketing strategy.
- A/B Testing –AWeber allows users to compare variations in specific elements of their emails to see which performs better. For example, a user can A/B test two different headlines to see which one generates the higher open rate.
- HTML Email Templates – AWeber offers more than 700 email newsletter templates that are mobile responsive.
- Intergration – It supports PayPal, WordPress, LeadPages, and Facebook to name a few. If a purchase is made through any of these apps, the customer’s name and email address are automatically added to your mailing list.
- Reporting and Analytics –Users can monitor key metrics of a marketing campaign’s performance, such as open rates, bounces, clickthroughs, list growth over time, sign up methods and a subscriber’s activity history. These insights can help marketers continuously improve their strategy by implementing tactics that work and changing tactics that don’t.
- Tags to organize emails based on opens and clicks
- Send as many emails as you want; there are no limits
- Automatically send new blog posts to subscribers
- Access to thousands of royalty- free stock images
Aweber - Overview
- Ease of use
- Customer support
Aweber is good for small and medium size businesses, entrepreneurs, bloggers, freelancers and consultants, small-to-medium size tech companies and everything in between.
- Good features for list management
- It has one of the largest suites of integrations with other tools like Salesforce, Wix, PayPal and a ton more
- High level of deliver-ability from Awebers’ server emails deliver to inbox almost all the time, so long you check for spam trigger words
- A mobile app to track your campaign performance on the go
- Excellent support
- Lacks features such as advanced marketing automation
- Pricing is a bit higher than other services
- AWeber has no survey feature
Support and Knowledge Base
Phone support, email support and live chat support is all available. The company won a gold award in 2016 the US’ National Customer Association’s Stevie Awards (and a bronze and silver awards in 2017 and 2018 respectively), which augurs pretty well for the quality of the support you’ll receive when you contact them.
In terms of the availability of support, you can contact Aweber’s phone support team from 8am-8pm ET Monday to Friday, and their email and live/chat support is available 24/7.
A knowledge base with hundreds of articles on the software, including walkthroughs, troubleshooting, and explanations of software features, is there for completing your own research, while the free live webinars and video tutorials work well for getting a more visual look into the system. The system status is always displayed in the website, and you can access marketing guides, success stories, infographics and their blog for updates, information and tutorials.
|upto 500 Subscribers||500-5k Subscribers||10k-25k Subscribers|
|Unlimited Emails||Unlimited Emails||Unlimited Emails|
The Pricing plans that AWeber offers ranges from a lowest of $19 per month to the highest of $149 per month. All plans offer the same features, including unlimited emails, segmenting, integrations, thousands of stock photos, automation, analytics, image hosting, sign-up forms and more than 700 templates. Each of the pricing is based on the number of subscribers that you have on your site and the number of emails you send.
If you are not so sure about getting the paid plan right away, you also have the option to start a free trial of 30 days before you decide to get it for your site. Although not all features are available in the trial version, you can, however, get the basic idea about the usefulness of this service for your website. We recommend you try it out before joining their plan.
Aweber is a tool that used to be one of the most popular ones on the market. It’s not the absolute best product of its kind available, but it is easy to use, contains most of the key features you’d expect from an email marketing solution. It is a good choice if you’re just starting out and have limited technical experience, as the in-depth knowledge center and customer support is among the best in the industry. It’s also a smart choice for small businesses that don’t have complex email marketing requirements and are looking to create simple autoresponders. However, the lack of automation functionality may be a concern as you grow, and subscriber duplication can cause headaches if not adequately managed as it can quickly add to your overall cost.