GetResponse is one of the easiest and the most popular email marketing platform. It’s used by big brands as well as many popular bloggers. It offers the most features and is one of the easiest platforms. With an intuitive interface that is both modern and beautiful, GetResponse simplifies email marketing for small business owners with no prior experience.
While GetResponse is best known for their email marketing solution, they offer way more. A GetResponse account gives you access to 1) email marketing, 2) marketing automation, 3) landing pages, and 4) webinars.
- Easily create beautiful newsletters with 500+ templates and 5,000 free stock photos for making professional email campaigns
- Drag-and-drop editor to get emails just right
- HTML editor if you have the skills to do so
- Autoresponders: Automatic messages sent to subscribers. These can be sent in a sequence or at intervals in relation to a contact’s sign up date.
- Custom DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail). Authenticates your message and verifies that it has not been altered in transit. This feature improves email deliverability.
- Landing pages: GetResponse offers “basic” and “advanced” landing pages, in other words the names should actually be “very limited” and “unlimited.” If you stick with the Email plan, you’ll get “basic” which hosts one landing page with up to 1,000 visitors a month. The advanced option allows you to build an unlimited number of landing pages with an unlimited number of visitors, and do A/B testing on them.
- A/B testing: You can test up to five messages varying the following fields: subject line, send time, from field, content.
- Automation: GetResponse accounts also have access to a suite of marketing automation tools. These are customizable conditions, filters, and actions that help accomplish email marketing goals. To do these types of things, GetResponse email automation enables: Tagging, Scoring, Abandoned cart recovery, Web event tracking and Automation segmentation.
There are some features only available to Pro, Max, and Enterprise plans:
- CRM (Customer relationship management). This CRM tool adds great utility for understanding customers and managing how you interact with them.
- E-commerce. This tool allows you to integrate your GetResponse account with an e-commerce site.
- Transactional emails. With transactional emails you can send automated emails containing purchase receipts, password changes, and order confirmations.
- Campaign consulting (max plan only)
- Account manager (enterprise plan only)
- Deliverability consulting (enterprise plan only)
- Custom sending domain (enterprise plan only)
- Dedicated infrastructure (enterprise plan only)
- Dedicated IP address (enterprise plan only)
GetResponse - Overview
- Ease of use
- Customer support
A strong choice for marketers looking for a solid, versatile tool with the latest features. And startups and small businesses that want to have all aspects of email marketing handled in one place, by one tool/solution.
- Wide range of out-of-the-box templates
- List hosting and segmentation made easy
- Decent analytics suite: one-click segmentation, metrics over time, per-user information and email ROI
- Optimization insights for autoresponder campaigns
- A/B testing
- Simple drag-and-drop email editor
- Webinar functionality
- Integrates with most of your other favorite tools
- CRM functionality needs to be improved considerably before it can be considered a replacement for a standalone CRM product
- Improvement needs in the area of deliverability although they claim 99%
- The pricing structure is a bit confusing
- No phone support is provided
Support and Knowledge Base
GetResponse used to have phone support, but it has been replaced with email (available in seven languages) and live chat. The live chat support is available 24/7 so if you face any issue with their applciation, you can resolve it any time you want!
GetResponse gives you access to plenty of helpful resources, including interactive video tutorials, downloadable Whitepapers, reports, searchable FAQs, etc. Though GetResponse doesn’t provide forum support, the weekly Live Webinars educate users on different aspects of using the GetResponse. Its support team remains active on social media and promptly handles comments and questions on Facebook. You will get to read new expertly-written blog posts every week on the blog section of the GetResponse’s official website.
With GetResponse you can sign up for a free 30-day trial without submitting any credit card or payment information.
GetResponse has the most complex pricing structure; with GetResponse you pay based on the number of subscribers you have and the level of service you want: Email, Pro, Max, or Enterprise.
|1 user||3 users||5 users||10 users|
Monthly prices listed. Sign up for an annual plan to save 18%. If you go opt for two years, you’ll save 30%. No refunds if you cancel early.
Choosing an email marketing service can be difficult because of the sheer number of companies available. GetResponse is a undoubtedly comprehensive tool that can help any business organize and analyze marketing campaigns. And the best thing is you can do so many things at the same time – send emails, set up a landing page and schedule webinars. GetResponse is really worth it if your business is still rising among the ranks. It will really give you the much-needed boost. Just make sure you sign up for its 30-day trial to see what each feature has to offer you.